Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Not a morning person

I am NOT a morning person. It has taken me 30+ years to come to terms with it AND learn to deal with it. One thing that I have realized makes my transition to awake life better is not having to deal with cooking for a bunch of hungry tummies first thing in the morning. I'm always looking for late night scrambles, cooks, or bakes that will be easy to reheat and serve as soon as I roll out of bed. Tonight I experimented with baked eggs in my Pampered Chef muffin stoneware.

I started out by baking our bacon for about 20 minutes at 375*. It was almost, but not quite cooked. (Side note: I line our baking sheets with foil so that I can save the bacon grease. We use it frequently to brown meat or cook vegetables, eggs, etc. in. It stores well in the fridge and solidifies, making it easy to scoop out spoonfuls as needed.)


When the bacon was done, I folded it into the cups of the muffin stoneware. I placed sliced avocado in 8 cups and left 4 without (for my currently picky eaters). Then I cracked an egg on top of each one. I thought about throwing in a little goat cheese, but laziness won out and I only topped them with a little pepper.


I placed them back in the oven at 375* and checked them until it seemed the white had solidified. I think it was around 30 minutes.


I let them cool in the stoneware and then used a knife to cut around them and a spoon to scoop them out.

Andrew and I tried them...YUM! The white was completely cooked, the yoke a little bit runny, and the bacon was just the right amount of crispy. And avocado? Well, it never really changes.

The top:

The bottom:
The yum:

No comments:

Post a Comment