Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sharing some of my pretties.

Last night I was sitting here admiring my beautiful fans and had my camera out so I decided to snap some pictures. These beauties were a thoughtful Mother's Day gift from my own mother this year. They are fantastically gorgeous, and completely my style ! It is actually very difficult to capture their beauty in photographs, but I did attempt it.

We have one in our eating area and one in the schoolroom. The blades and base are a coppery, blackish, brownish color, which changes with the time of day and angle you are admiring them from.

And once we hung them our old light over the kitchen area looked dreadful. Luckily I found this little discontinued gem at Lowe's at a killer price. I can't believe how well it matches!


I hardly like to boast about "things," but these are too beautiful not to share.

3 comments:

  1. They're beautiful. I love when something that's functional is beautiful too.

    P.S. You might want to update your "about us." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Off to figure out how to update that...

    ReplyDelete