Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Done List

Sometimes my mama friends don't give themselves nearly enough credit. Although you'd never be able to tell by the amount of items left unchecked on our "to do" list, the amount of things we sometimes accomplish before 10 a.m. would put you to shame. I have admitted to adding things to my list and crossing them off after they are already done, just to feel better about myself.

So I am going to cut myself some slack, and for a whole week, I'm going to start a separate list of things I have done each day, just to balance out the "to do" list that looms nearby.

By 8:50 a.m.:
Woke, showered, dressed.
Fed children, self, husband.
Updated my picture of the day blog.
Read two books to the children.
Played marbles with the kids.

By 11:20 a.m.:
Completed handwriting with Atticus.
Art project involving paint chips completed.
Dishes loaded in dish washer.
Washed table twice.
Cleaned glue off children.
Diapers through first rinse and on to wash.
Two blog posts.
Got camera out and took pictures.
Welcomed friend into home.

So this is the most boring post ever, but I'm going to continue in case I ever have a day that I feel I have accomplished nothing.

Friend brought two kiddos. Made lunch for all.
Conducted chaos until other friend dropped off two more kids while she ran to the doctor. If anyone needs a head count, that is EIGHT kids under 7 and two adults. Quite crazy.
Luckily Andrew came home for our kids nap, friend with two kids left, and other friend picked up other two kids.
That left Atticus.
We did three Language Arts lessons and played a math game.
Kids woke up and we cleaned up the mess that was left from the guests (that took a while).
I decided that I reached my cook and clean-up quota for the week and made the executive decision to go out to the glamorous Chik-Fil-A kids eat free night.
But first, we hit the Farmer's Market and bought $30 worth of delightful produce.
Came home and dropped the boys off.
Went to yoga.
Went to Safeway for milk and coffee.
Came home.
Sat.
Ahhhhhh.......

No updates after this...it's me time!

And mamas, take it easy on yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment