Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Outdoor Hour

This week we are starting the Outdoor Hour Challenge. I recently purchased the Handbook of Nature Study, a book written by nearly a century ago by Anna Comstock, but still applicable to the finer parts of nature today. Barb, aka Harmony Art Mom, has put together weekly challenges to encourage families to get out and explore our environment. I am excited and up to the challenge, although I am thinking we might need to make some alterations being that we live in Arizona. Or we might have to take a few day trips. Either way, the boys are going to love it!

3 comments:

  1. You are going to love it! We are so hooked on our Outdoor Nature Challenges. I can't wait until I can participate again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. We delayed our start a bit due to inclement weather (sort of a joke in Arizona, but true this week). Hopefully we will start on Sunday. I am seriously into the Handbook of Nature Study. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, We live in Az also and just received the book today. Tell me how it goes for you Im excited to get started tomorrow but that is one this I am thinking about. How will this go in Az? I am thinking about taking them to cave creek area where there is lots of nature and this is a good time of year ..no snakes!

      Delete